Monday, May 4, 2009

does talking make a dream come true?

I had a revelation tonight while having a conversation with two great girlfriends. How many of us talk about things we want to accomplish, endlessly talk about things we want to accomplish, annoyingly talk about things we want to accomplish...without any plan of action to actually accomplish the dreams of which we speak.

There have been a million speeches about dreams and accomplishing goals, the people giving the speeches have generally accomplished their dream and are trying desperately to inspire us all. I am inspired, sometimes awed, by the accomplishments of such people but have I ever accomplished a dream I talked about?

So I thought and I thought and then I realized that I went back to college at 21 because I felt like I had not finished a dream I started and I wanted to make it happen. I made it happen, not with the perfection that I had envisioned, far from it actually, but I accomplished it and have the paper to show anyone who wants to see.

I dreamed about being a lawyer, architect, electrician, musician, mom and none of those dreams have come to fruition. I am dreaming about the store, I am dreaming about the modern american dream and I am determined to make it a reality.

My lesson learned from accomplishing school is that accomplishing your dream more often than not looks different at the end than the original dream and that's OKAY, sometimes it is even better.

Live your dream and remember to try to inspire others to do the same. We can all accomplish so much with the support of other people. I am going to support my friends in their dreams and do whatever I can to help..and I know they will do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment